Do you wanna go for Shopping Coupons? These days it is coupon boom at most of the online shopping sites. When print media was prominent there were newspaper advertisement having colorful store promos, chain store weeklies, manufacturer mailers, and direct mail discounts, all in the form of coupons.
When shopping, people try their best to save some pennies. And maybe from this attitude generated the tem bargaining. Many people have resorted to coupon clipping as a way to save money on groceries, clothes, house hold items etc. Here let us understand about what a coupon is? Why do people love coupon sites? And what is the big deal in them.
In layman’s language a coupon is a ticket or document that can be exchanged for a financial discount or rebate. They are issued by manufacturers or retailers to be used in retail stores as a part of sales promotion. They are often distributed by newspapers, magazines, mobile devices, directly from retailers and from internet.
History Of The Coupons
It all started in 1887. The Coca-Cola Company was formed in Atlanta, Georgia, with Asa Candler as one of the partners. He transformed Coca-Cola from an insignificant tonic into a profitable business by using innovative advertising techniques. The key to the Coca-Cola growth was Candler’s ingenious marketing technique which included the company’s employees and sales representatives distribute complimentary coupons for Coca-Cola. Coupons were placed in magazines and mailed to potential customers. Today more than 2,800 consumer packaged goods companies offer coupons for discounts on products. There are different types of coupons such as discounts, buy-one get-one, free trial offer, launch offers, first-time customer coupons, free shipping, festival offers and free giveaways.
Forms Of Coupons
Coupons are generally in two forms; one is a direct decrease, listed by a dollars-and-cents value, the other a percentage decrease, and listed by the percentage. Coupons also generally come from two different sources; one is the manufacturer, hoping to incite purchase through any channel, the other from a retailer, hoping to incite purchase through their specific channel. Most savvy consumers realize that some of these coupons can “stack”, giving the advantage of both sources, but generally won’t allow stacking of the same source, but will allow generally the better of each. In the age of online purchases, and reductions in print advertising, the coupons formed a part of price reduction.
Some Facts Of Today
- In 2012, 79.8 percent of shoppers polled used coupons regularly, up by almost 15 percent over the five years prior. If that trend continues, nearly every shopper will be using some form of coupon discount by 2020.
- The cost of print advertising being a major factor, fewer actual coupons are being printed, yet the number of dollars saved, and the number of retailers accepting both manufacturer and retailer coupons increases annually as well.
- Because of the reduction in access to coupons, whole websites dedicated to making the discounts available to a wider audience. These sites make finding the appropriate, and offer great information on the use of discount coupons on the basis of product, seller, and processes.
- Not only has the coupon survived the transition to electronic form they have exploded in availability and identity through social media resources like Facebook and Twitter, as customers are offered additional discount opportunities by joining and promoting the store’s consumer programs as well.
- Mobile phone coupon use topped 5 billion in 2012, and is expected to have more than doubled last year.
- Coupon-use spans all economic strata, at comparatively equivalent levels. This means that the power of the coupon overcomes inequality, drawing buyers from all walks of life. It’s true; everyone likes a bargain.
- Even more companies and innovative coupons are coming on line every year.
Coupons Are The Best Choice
It’s true that we all love deals. Whenever we hear the word ‘Sale’ or ‘Deal’ we are attracted. Everybody wants a great deal and ways to save money. It is the feeling that you have something for less than you thought you would pay for when the buying process started. People love coupon sites because they have more to offer as an example including Dinner for two . You can take an adventure or go for a vacation by finding the right deal that fits in the budget. Availing the coupons helps you to save your money by allowing you to pay only the discount price. Thus making your shopping experience enjoyable and hassle free.
Not only for buyers and shoppers coupons are also serving as brand ambassadors. By distributing coupons, companies are branding their product to reach maximum number of people. Coupons are considered to be small advertisements which sellers can spread and tap into achieving their sales targets and getting new customers.
It would seem likely that the effectiveness of coupon will become more valuable over time, in helping the consumer remain educated, informed, and supported in getting the best prices on the things they buy.