- Aces and Eights Poker Software: Microgaming
- Min Bet: 0.25
- Max Bet: 25
- Autoplay: No
- Paylines: 20
- Reels: 5
- Min Coins Per Line: 0.25
- Max Coins Per Line: 5
- Jackpot: 4000 coins
- Bonus Game: No
- Progressive: No
- Wild Symbol: No
- Scatter Symbol: No
- Autoplay Option: Yes
- Multiplier: No
- Free Spins: No
- RTP: 97%
About Aces and Eights
Aces and Eights is one of the video poker options that are available through Microgaming software, the leading manufacturer and developer of online casino games in the world. The game features sharp graphics, a user-friendly interface and presents a twist on the payout schedule that is available to the player in other variations of video poker.
A standard 52-card deck without jokers is used to play it. The cards are shuffled before each deal. The aim of Aces & Eights video poker is to collect a hand that is paid according to the paytable. If necessary, it is allowed to exchange any number of cards once for free.
You can play Aces & Eights video poker betting from one to five coins whose value varies in the range between twenty-five cents and ten dollars and also you can play betting only on one hand.
How to play Aces and Eights Poker?
- To play Aces and Eights poker game online you need to join a friendly Microgaming powered online casino.
- This means that the online casino should offer Aces and Eights poker game.
- You can play on your cell phone or tablet or PC.
- Play for free or with real money.
- Playing for free means you needn’t make any real cash deposit in USD or BTC.
- When you want you can play with real money and deposit the minimum amount lie $20 to play Aces and Eights poker game.
- After depositing the money to play the game, the casino will offer you some bonus offer, or coupon code to redeem.
- Next head to the poker or video poker game section from the casino menu.
- Find Aces and Eights poker game
- Click on Play Now
- Set your bets.
- Symbols of course are the playing cards in this game. The game is played with a deck of 52 playing cards that is random-shuffled after each round of play. This version is one of the more popular variations of video poker that is available.
While the game generally follows the standard rules of play, Four of a Kind hand combinations will pay out with unexpected generosity.
This version of video poker is not difficult to learn. The sharp, well laid out graphics and the user friendly interface are typical of Microgaming. A doubling option is included for winning players.
The Expert Mode for Aces and Eights is especially interesting for poker players. This offers an autoplay option and the possibility to review ongoing game statistics.
You can check back on details of hands you have played in past rounds in order to determine your odds of getting high ranking hands in the future from various card combinations.
The gameplay does not differ from the bulk of traditional types of video poker. You make a bet, receive a card, discard unnecessary cards and get a payout for a hand if it has been formed.
If you find your winning not big enough, you can try to increase it in the risk game. Here you will notice one upcard and four hole cards. Your task is to find a hole card that will have a higher rank compared to the face up card. If you succeed, your payout is doubled.
If you make a mistake, you lose your bet. You can refuse to continue playing only when you have already made your choice.
There are certain hands that have an especially high payout, including:
- Four of a Kind (Aces and Eights)
- Four of a Kind (Sevens)
- Four of a Kind (all others)
Of course, the highest payout of all is for a Royal Flush, which consists of a Ten, Jack, Queen, King and Ace, all of the same suit. At Microgaming’s Aces and Eights, the payout for a five-coin bet in 4000 coins. There is obviously a benefit to wagering the maximum, since the payout for four coins is 1000 coins.
As in all video poker games, the player receives five cards in a random deal. Then there is the opportunity to discard up to all five cards and receive five fresh cards. After the re-deal, the player has his/her final five-card hand, at which point the software registers the end result of that five-card hand.
What is Full Pay Game in Aces and Eights?
If you want to play Aces and Eights find a “full pay” game. Full pay games utilize the best possible pay table, and thus pay out the maximum amount of money. Although full pay games don’t put a player at the advantage, they still reduce the house edge drastically. Here is the pay table for full pay Aces and Eights:
|Four of a kind Aces/Eights
|Four of a Kind Sevens
|Four of a kind other
|Three of a Kind
|Pair (Jacks or Better)
Full Pay game of Aces and Eights can be found at land casinos. Full pay Aces and Eights provides a payout percentage of 99.78% (when using perfect strategy). You can usually find full pay Aces and Eights games in Las Vegas and Atlantic City.
But before that you should know how to play this game. For this playing at online casino first is the best option. There are hundreds of online casinos that offer Aces and Eights poker game to play with real money or free play. Free Play game is the best at first as a beginner you come to know the rules of the game and you play for as long as you wish without spending any money.
When you are perfect in the game play you are ready to spend few dollars to play the game in real time and win real cash.
How to win
The list below shows how hands are ranked in Aces and Eights. The list shows the pay rankings from the highest paying hand to the lowest paying hand in consecutive order.
- Royal Flush
- Four of a Kind (Aces or 8s)
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind (7s)
- Four of a Kind (Others)
- Full House
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pairs
- Jacks or Better
Just like in Jacks or Better video poker, you only need a pair of Jacks or better to earn a payout in Aces and Eights video poker.
Aces and Eights strategy is different from other variants like Jacks or Better because Aces and Eights offers an increased payout for quad 8s, 7s, and Aces. Below is a simplified strategy for Aces and Eights video poker. It may go without saying, but Aces and Eights strategy dictates that you should not draw more cards if you hold any of the following hands:
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Full House
- Draw only one card if you have the following hands:
- Four cards to a Royal Flush
- Four card open end Straight
- Four of a Kind
- Four-card Straight with at least three high cards
- Four-card Flush
- Four cards to a Straight Flush
- Two Pair
- Draw two cards if you have the following hands:
- Three of a Kind
- Three cards to Straight with three high cards
- Three cards to a Straight Flush
- Three cards to a Royal Flush
- Draw three cards with the following hands:
- A Pair
- Two high cards
- Two cards to a Royal Flush
If you have only one high card, draw four cards. It is better you draw four new cards and retain the high card. If, on the other hand, you hold two high cards, keep them and hope to draw a pair on one or both.
More so, if you not able to form any of the hands mentioned above, discard all five cards and draw five fresh ones.
A high card in Aces and Eights video poker is a Jack or higher (Jack, King, Queen, and Ace). Low cards are all those cards that are below a Jack in value. They run from 2 through to 10.
Aces and Eights Strategy to Play
As said above Aces and Eights poker requires different strategy than normal Jacks or Better because of the increased payouts for quad Aces, Eights, and Sevens. Aces and Eights Strategy is a topic of it’s own, but we’ll provide a few tips now so you can learn the basics:
- If you have a flush or a straight you should stand pat, even if you have strong draws to a Royal Flush.
- If you have four to a flush or an open ended straight draw you should go for the draw, even if you have a high pair because the payouts are so much bigger.
- If you have just two high cards, you should hold them and hope to pair them instead of drawing five new cards.
- If you have one high card you should hold it and draw four instead of drawing five.
- Never break up a dealt paying hand unless you have four of the five cards for a Royal Flush.
If you aren’t dealt a paying hand, check the list of ranked possible combinations listed below and use the one that will produce the highest result:
- Four of a kind, straight flush, royal flush
- Four cards to a royal flush
- Three of a kind, straight, flush, full house
- Four cards to a straight flush
- Two pair
- High pair (Jack or better)
- Three cards to a royal flush
- Four cards to a flush
- Low pair
- Four cards to an outside straight
- Two suited high cards
- Three cards to a straight flush
- Two unsuited high cards (more than two, use lowest)
- Suited high cards 10-J, 10-Q, 10-K
- Jack or better
- Discard all dealt cards
Jackpot to win
You can play Aces and Eights video poker betting from one to five coins whose value varies in the range between twenty-five cents and ten dollars. If you wager five coins, the highest hand (a royal flush) is paid according to the disproportionately high multiplier, namely 4,000 coins. Compare this to the payouts for lower bets: 250 is provided for one coin, 500 is a payout for two coins, 750 is given for three coins and 1,000 is provided for four coins.