April Fool Pranks are a good way to celebrate April Fools’ Day. April Fool Pranks on All Fools’ Day is an annual custom on 1 April consisting of practical jokes and hoaxes. Jokesters often expose their actions by shouting “April Fools!” at the recipient. Mass media can be involved with these April Fool pranks, which may be revealed as such the following day. The custom of setting aside a day for playing harmless pranks upon one’s neighbour has been relatively common in the world historically.
Five Last Minute April Fool Pranks You Can Try On Your Friends
With the ‘April Fool fever’ gripping around to make a blast on April 1st each year here find five last minute best April fool pranks to play on your friends or loved ones.
1. Computer Pranks
You can freeze their desktop and have fun. Take a screenshot of your friend’s desktop (Command-Shift-3 on Macs, Alt+Print Screen on Windows) and then set it as their background. Fiddle with his/her icons and snicker deviously to yourself as he/she tries to click on things that are just part of the image.
You can also tape the bottom of the mouse by place a small piece of tape over the bottom of an optical mouse—where the light comes out—and watch the fun as your friend struggles to move the cursor around the screen.
Also change their homepage by going into your friends browser and edit their preferences such that their homepage points to a site of your choosing. It can even be a ridiculous image URL. The sit and watch in amazement as they launch the site of your choice.
2. Kitchen Pranks
1. You can tie a rubber band around the kitchen hand-held hose so that it’s in an “on” position. Now ask your sis, mom wife or kid to pour you a cup of water and watch with joy as it sprays them in the face.
2. Buy some googly eyes from the store and paste them on fruits, food, bowls, fridge, gas stove and every thing that you see on the kitchen. The victim will sure to go nuts.
3. Put green or yellow food coloring in the milk the night before April Fools’ Day, and watch your kids eyes widen in surprise the next morning.
4. Change the soft drink to soy sauce and give the bottles to your friends. The best way to do that is to take small bottles with plastic caps. Be sure that no one has an allergy to soy.
5. Turn the kitchen water blue with nontoxic dye pellets. Simply unscrew the cap on the faucet, and set a couple of the colored tabs inside before replacing it. When the water is turned on, the burst of color will be surprising and temporary.
New April Fool Pranks to use this April Fool’s Day
3. Office Pranks
For this trick you need to get some air-horn. Remove the office door bumper. Replace it with an air-horn. Make sure the air-horn knob is situated where the door will hit it. Shut the door, ensuring your victim will open it. Cover your ears when you spot your victim about to throw open his door.
Also you can stick the air-horn beneath his or her chair and when he/she jumps on it unaware he/she will just rush for breath.
To create chaos in an office, cut out a trapezoid skirt of a matching color and stick the “skirt” onto the men’s bathroom sign. Enjoy the confusion!
- Place plastic bugs inside water bottles or lunch boxes and see the terror faces.
- Also order pizza for your friends at office and while they desperately wait for it to arrive have ready pizza boxes with fresh cut raw veggies only. When they open the pizza box…lol
- Put some milk stain on your friends laptops. Take a glass pane and spill some glue on it. Let the stain dry, place the glass on a laptop keyboard, and wait for your victim’s reaction!
- Replace the water in the water cooler with wine. All you have to do is take an empty water canister, pour in the vino, and put it back on the cooler. If your coworkers are teetotalers, try tonic water.
4. Facebook Pranks
If you see that your friend or someone in the family has an unguarded FB profile you can easily navigate to Facebook on their computer and find them already logged into their account. If they are, now’s your chance to really alter their profile.
- Change your friend’s name and profile picture to reference an inside joke. Go to basic settings and change your friend’s display language to Hebrew or Mandarin—really any language that uses a completely different alphabet than ours, leaving your victim no clues how to change it back.
- Friend request everyone in the “people you may know” page. This feed refreshes endlessly, so keep adding to your heart’s content (just don’t get caught.) Your friend will be baffled by the influx of new friends over the next few days.
- Change your friend’s date of birth to tomorrow (on 1st April), confusing them with a tide of erroneous well wishes. All of your friend’s friends will wish as they have no idea when their actual birthday is right.
Google celebrates April Fool Pranks
5. Bathroom Pranks
1. Nail polish the soap bar and see how people rub the piece of soap all covered with a thin layer of transparent nail polish and wondering why there’s no foam.
2. Bring in some plastic bugs or insects and place them on the sink, wash tub or any where you feel like and hear the screaming all over the house.
3. Make a mouse and place it near the washroom door. Making a mouse is easy; take a beet-root and stick a tail to it giving it a mouse shape and glue eyes and whiskers to it. If you haven’t got a perfect beet-root, take a potato instead, and stick a small rope tail to it.
4. Take a rotten banana it smells awful and place it inside the bathroom and see how your mom yells at your trick.
5. In an empty toothpaste tube fill some sugar icing or whipped cream and replace it with the one on the washroom sink. Early morning each one will have a sugary tooth brush.
6. Smear chocolate pudding on the toilet seat and wait for your victim’s horrified reaction!
7. In the toilet roll insert a bank note and roll back. Early morning see the smile who gets its hands or uses as wipes.
Why April Fool Pranks?
Well April fool pranks create laughter and people have fun. As laughing helps people both physically and mentally it also connects humanity. Just as with smiling and kindness, most people find that laughter is contagious. So, if you bring more laughter into your life with April Fool Pranks and with this you can most likely help others around you to laugh more and realize these benefits as well.
By elevating the mood of those around you, you can reduce their stress levels and perhaps improve the quality of social interaction you experience with them, reducing your stress level even more.
What kind of jokes do people play?
Well, there are various kinds of jokes that people play on this day. The jokes vary from country to country and region to region.
According to British council site, as a simple example would be telling your friend that their shoelaces are undone. Then, when they bend down to do them up, you shout, ‘April Fool!’, and they realise their shoelaces are fine. Maybe it’s not your kind of humour, but watch out, there’s always someone who will find it hilarious! In Ireland, a popular prank is to send someone on a ‘fool’s errand’.
The victim is sent to deliver a letter, supposedly asking for help. When the person receives the letter, they open it, read it and tell the poor messenger that they will have to take the letter to another person. This continues and the victim ends up taking the message to several different people until someone feels sorry for them and shows them what the letter says: ‘Send the fool to someone else.’
In France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy and French-speaking areas of Canada and Switzerland, the 1 April tradition is known as the ‘April Fish’. A common joke is to try to stick a paper fish onto a victim’s back without being noticed.
April Fool Pranks- Do people like it?
According to YouGov poll in 2021, of 3,695 US adults found that people are split on whether April Fool’s Day pranks are more amusing (45%) or annoying (47%).
Americans under 30 are the only age group to consider April Fool’s Day pranks more comical (50%) than annoying (40%). Men under 30 are especially likely to believe the practical jokes are funny (60%) rather than irritating (35%), while women in the same age group are split (42% vs 44%). All other age groups either lean toward finding the tricks annoying, or are divided on the issue.
Even as Americans are split on whether the April 1 jokes are funny, they like being the prankster (46%) more than being on the receiving end of a practical joke (36%). Two-thirds of those who believe April fool pranks are amusing (64%) like having jokes played at their expense. Three-quarters of this group (78%) enjoys playing pranks on others.
Most Americans dislike pranks being played on them (59%) with those over 65-years-old being especially likely to say this (64%).
Americans who enjoy holiday jokes identify as pranksters themselves. More than three-quarters of people who said they like humorous elements of the day find pleasure in taking part in the antics. But almost 60 percent do not like being on the receiving end.
Anyway if you like April Fool Pranks and want to enjoy the day with your family and friends, then we hope these simple to do five last minute April Fool pranks you can try on your friends. If not interested send them a prank call that they have won a million jackpot on the slot game they were playing at the online casino and have fun.